This Research Paper will:
- Confront a specific topic of your choosing
- Examples may include but are not limited to: school choice, housing discrimination, prisons for profit, Black Lives Matter, law enforcement and racialized violence, the recent immigration ban.
- You will examine this topic through the len(s) of civil rights, social justice, and/or social equity
- You will take a definitive stance regarding said issue and present a thesis (or claim)
- Claims may take the form of:
- Claim of fact: does something exist?
- Claim of value: Is something good or bad?
- Claim of Policy: A problem exists – what should be done?
- You will support that claim with research-backed evidence and argument
- 7-9 pages, typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12 pt. font.
- MLA format for citations and work cited page
- Please refer to DeRosa’s ERRORS guide (Blackboard resources folder) for formatting help and links to MS Word tutorials
- Exceptions: Please single-space work cited entries as per the samples posted on Blackboard (also in the resources folder – under Course Documents)
- A minimum of four (4) scholarly – peer-reviewed – sources: (These sources should be gathered through the CPP Library)
- You will also be allowed two (2) newspaper sources from reliable publications (i.e. N.Y. or L.A. Times, Washington Post, Wall Street Journal)
- Web pages: (2) such as the following:
- Government sponsored web pages (https://www.usa.gov/)
[Please, no commercial dot com’s, and be wary of “.org’s” also]
- Web pages sponsored by academic institutions (ex. Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy, http://plato.stanford.edu/) are acceptable.
- No blogs please
I NEED THIS PAPER TO BE ABOUT RACIALIZED POLICE BRUTALITY AND THE HISTORY ABOUT IT AND HOW IT IS TODAY AND RESEARCH ABOUT IT CITED AND EVERYTHING. IT IS A RESEARCH PAPER.