Create an argument about the supernatural facets of the natural world, based on what has interested you from our sources thus far. Explore your argument in an essay of 3-4 pages.
If you cannot come up with your own argument, consider choosing a question from the list below. You don’t have to respond directly to each point of the question, nor do you have to respond to all parts in the order they appear within the question.
1) Are superstitions or mystical beliefs a good or bad thing? Neither?
2) Why do supernatural beliefs that are tied to the natural world (and the interest in these beliefes) persist in 2016, especially when it seems so easy for us to find rational, factual, or otherwise logical theories on WHY they originated in the first place?
3) What are the effects of magical beliefs about the natural world? Do cultures who possess such beliefs encounter more benefits, or disadvantages?
4) How do cultural beliefs and practices regarding the supernatural facets of the natural world have reflect the way certain cultures think, and how others think of them?
5) How does the concept of man versus nature present itself in our unit materials?
6) Explore the degress of objective and subjective meaning when it comes to nature and ‘magic’.