The Final Paper will involve applying the concepts learned in class to an analysis of a company using data from its annual report. Using the concepts from this course, you will analyze the strengths and weaknesses of the company and write a report either recommending or not recommending purchase of the company stock.
The completed report should include:
- An introduction to the company, including background information.
- A complete and thorough financial statement review.
- Pro Forma financial statements (Balance Sheet and Income Statement) for the next fiscal year, assuming a 10 percent growth rate in sales and Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) for the next year.
- Complete ratio analysis for the last fiscal year using at least two ratios from each of the following categories:
- Financial leverage
- Asset management
- Market value
- Measures of relative value (P/E, P/B)
- Cash Flow
- A calculation of Return on Equity (ROE) using the DuPont system.
- Assessment of management performance by calculating Economic Value Added (EVA).
- A synopsis of your findings, including your recommendations and rationale for whether or not to purchase stock from this company.
- Evaluate the financial risks associated with operating internationally. If your chosen company does not operate internationally, evaluate what the financial risks could be if they were to expand internationally.
- Must be eight to ten double-spaced pages in length (not including title and references pages) and formatted according to APA style
- Must begin with an introductory paragraph that has a succinct thesis statement.
- Must address the topic of the paper with critical thought.
- Must end with a conclusion that reaffirms your thesis.
- Must use at least five scholarly sources, such as the textbook, industry reports.
- Must document all sources in APA style.
- Must include a separate references page that is formatted according to APA style.