Week 4 Topic 4 DQ 1
Point A to Point B: Getting Your Data on the Webserver
There are several methods of updating information and data on a webserver. We must consider who performs those updates up-front when we design the website.
- Research three methods for updating webserver data.
- Under what circumstances would each of these three methods be appropriate/not recommended?
- Do any of these methods involve additional training or system configuration for the person performing the updates?
- Which methods require coding/HTML scripting experience/training? Are any methods appropriate for non-technical people?
- Some methods are more secure than others are. Elaborate.
- What is the best method for updating information on our current webserver/website?
Be sure to cite your research using APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.