- Assess the relevance of at least one (1) standard or one (1) criterion of a particular standard from the pertinent industry standards that you researched to your selected portfolio theme. Next, collect one to three (1-3) pieces of evidence / artifacts (e.g. lesson plan, workshop, training unit, project, etc.) that you completed in your previous coursework to demonstrate your knowledge of this standard.
- Attach your chosen previous assignment(s) as pieces of evidence/artifact(s) to your journal entry in your Optimal Resume e-Portfolio. Identify the ID and title (for example: EDU599 – Education Capstone) of courses for which you had produced the assignment(s). If you do not have an artifact, attach the description(s) of your chosen previous assignment(s).
- Attach one to three (1-3) pieces of evidence / artifacts from your work environment to demonstrate application of the identified standard (e.g., workshop documents of a presentation prepared and delivered to colleagues, documentation to show improved student scores or trainee performance, pictures of you using a pertinent form of technology in the classroom, and so on.)
Note: When incorporating information from the workplace, be sure to remove all identifying information such as the name of the organization, the names of individual affiliates, and sensitive or proprietary information. Check with your supervisor before you share information from your workplace.
- If you do not have any workplace artifact(s), reflect upon your strengths and weakness for achieving the identified standard. Determine the main ways in which you might implement the standard, and analyze the means by which you would assess the effectiveness of its implementation.
- Upload the journal entry and the attachments to your Optimal Resume portfolio.
- Copy and paste your portfolio’s URL into the comment box of Journey Entry 3 to submit the assignment to Blackboard.