2. According to the past 5 years of experience, a professor knows that the average
hours his students spend on the final project is 15 (standard error of the mean =
0.9). In order to see whether or not the time his students spend on the project has
decreased this semester, he randomly sampled 50 of his students and calculated the
average hours as 14. Follow the steps below. (2.5 pts.)
1. State an appropriate null hypothesis and alternative hypothesis.
2. Find the critical values at significant level p=.05
3. Calculate the z-statistic.
4. Compare z-statistic with critical values.
5. Make a decision on if the students spend less time this semester.
-It is due in 5 hours
-Examples are attached